Doors & windows
- Doors & windows
With doors and windows, three primary issues occupy people’s minds: safety and security, insulation, and how they look. At STT we frequently deal with all three of these, most frequently dealing with day to day issues such as replacing broken windows, we offer a wide range of services which cover all three areas.
The following is just a selection of the jobs our multi-skilled expert handymen, carpenters and electricians are called on to address:
- Boarding up windows and securing premises following break-ins.
- Replacing broken windows
- Draught proofing
- Dealing with doors and windows that don’t open or close properly
- Hanging new doors and rehanging doors that have started to sag and stick
- Replacing standard doors with sliding or folding doors
- Fitting new locks and upgrading existing ones to comply with insurance industry standards
- Adding additional locks, chains and spy holes to front doors
- Installing access-control intercoms, including video intercoms
- Installing digital keypad entry systems and electronic key-fob systems
- Fitting steel door frames, frame liners, and hinge-bolts
- Servicing hinge mechanisms on windows and, where necessary, replacing the locks
- Replacing standard glass with various more secure options
- Fitting security bars and grilles
- Servicing sash windows
- Fitting secondary glazing that is sympathetic to historic buildings
- Widening doorways – most commonly to convert a single back door into French windows
- Manufacturing and fitting bespoke doors
- Treating wood rot – typically on external window sills – and replacing damaged wood
We can also enhance the security of your property by fitting alarm and CCTV systems, and by fitting internal and external shutters; we can improve your energy-efficiency by installing various types of insulation and, if required, looking at your heating system to see whether you would save money by installing a new boiler or smaller radiators, and, of course, our dedicated team of exceptional decorators can make even the most tired looking doors and windows look as good as new.
So whatever your need, if you do not see it listed here or under any of our other services, simply give us a call or email and enquiry and we will get back to you to discuss how we can help to make your house more of a home.
Handyman London, Handyman Services London, Local Handyman London, London Handyman, Handyman Services in London